October 16, 2013
I love adaptable furniture that looks good and is practical (or in other words doesn’t look like adaptable furniture) so I thought I’d share the Stokke Sleep System with you. I’m not sure I love it as a junior bed (for which you buy an extension kit), but at least for the first 3 or 4 years it’s quite stunning.
- Birth to 6 months: The system starts with a small bassinet size mini crib.
- Birth to baby: The small bassinet expands into a basic baby crib.
- Baby to 18 months: Once your child is standing up, you can lower the mattress platform of the crib.
- 3 to 4 years: Remove one side of the crib to transform the Sleepi into a toddler bed.
- Approximately 3 to 10 years: An optional expansion kit transforms the toddler bed into a junior bed.
- Older than 10: After your child has outgrown the system for sleeping, you can turn the bed into a couple of stylish chairs or use the bed as a practical mini-sofa.
Via Inhabitots (a great site for modern green design for kids and babies)